Whew! This has been a hellva ride. Lemme catch you up on whats been happening since I returned from LA for the Bounce Back blogger junket We got back and got to work. There were posts that needed to be written and a goal to attain. $500,000 was within our reach and we were off to the races.
With the assistance of my fellow bloggers, we went to work. And we had something to prove, not only to Hollywood but to ourselves. See, nothing like this has ever happened before and we had a LOT of naysayers. Contrary to blogger belief, there are a lotta folks who don’t believe in the power of social media. Those folks who don’t believe that bloggers, or Mom Bloggers especially, have the influence to get change made and have anyone notice.
(Uhmmm have they never met a Mom? Don’t they realize how we run households, raise kids, the world and halfway keep our sanity with Pepsi’s and our favorite wine? LOL)
So what happened? Welp take a look at this
MOST FUNDED FILM IN INDIEGOGO HISTORY
*does happy dance around the room*
And it didn’t stop there. We also got…
#4 MOST FUNDED FILM OF ALL TIME USING CROWD FUNDING
(as of July 29, 2013)
1. Veronica Mars Film – Kickstarter – $5.7M – campaign ended 91,585 funders
2. Wish I Were Here – Zach Braff – Kickstarter $3.1 M – campaign ended – 46,520 funders
3. Road Hard – Adam Corrolla – FundAnything $837,5K (campaign still running) – 8,571 funders
4. The Bounce Back Film – Indiegogo – $601.6K (campaign still running) – 3037 funders
…and our reach is still reaching.
We got to our $500K goal (YESSSSSS!) and the total is still rising. As of the writing of this post, the total on the Indiegogo website is $547,139 (by the way, you can make a contribution to this campaign if you so choose, just click on this Indiegogo link). You can also follow this journey of movie making from funding to completion through Twitter, Facebook, and the website.
As one of the original 40 bloggers on this journey, this entire process has been amazing! I stand with my fellow bloggers and count this as a major win for all of us because we continue to prove our naysayers wrong and we bloggers are showing that things can be done differently. There is no more “well its always been done this way” arguments to be made and that benefits us all.
Latest posts by Marg (see all)
- Its another Social Media Saturday - July 19, 2014
- Ringling Bros is heading back to the Bay Area #RinglingBayArea - July 16, 2014
- Sometimes a talk is good #convoswithmarg - July 15, 2014