Category Archives: Events
Yesterday I volunteered at the Eat Real Festival at Jack London Square in Oakland, CA. This is a foodies paradise.
The Eat Real Festival is all about eating locally, eating fresh and had various food vendors, gave cooking demos and featured various bears and wines (woo hoo!) all from Bay Area vineyards. There several food trucks as well as folks who talked about urban farms and projects such as raising chickens and making your own honey.
I on the other hand worked in one of the beverage stand ( I think that there was 4 of them total) but there was people everywhere.
But one of the first things that I did when I checked in…..was take care of the three lil pigs hahahahahaha
They were so cute. Only 6 weeks old and yes, they was going to be dinner for someone at some point but they was a bit of a handful. One of them kept sitting his butt in the food bowl lol And again, they was cuttteeeeeeeee
I have lots of other pictures and they will be in the gallery on my blog in the “Eat Real Festival” and if your in the East Bay next year, you should come and check out the event. Oh and come hungry!
I have been awarded the “Stylist Blogger” award by Sweetheart over at Why…Because Im the Mommy (I love that title! lol )
And in order to accept my award I have to give a acceptance speech (well not really, but I do have to do some things)
In order to accept this award you must….
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great blogs.
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about their award.
(dang I gotta work, Geesh! lol) OK so here it goes.
7 things about me:
1. I’m quiet when I first meet people. I think I do it to feel them out
2. I LOOOOOOOOOVE Mojitoes
3. Thinks she has the best family in America. (Yup I said it)
4. Just became a empty nester and Im on the fence about how I like it. Get back to me in a couple of months and I will let you know lol
5. Love working for herself. Being my own boss ROCKS!
6. Wants to have a new sweetie in 2011. (Think I will ask the Father about that in my prayers tonight)
7. In this phase of her life is looking to try new things. Maybe I will take a cooking class *faint* lol
OK and now here is 15 other blogger that I think cool enough to be honored. You should check them out
Houseful of Nicholes
Grown, Sexy and …… Married!
How Mama Got Her Swag Back
Sex and the Southern Belle
The Broken Brown Egg
Black Girls Guide to Weight Loss
Colored Girls Blogging
Curvy Eco-centric Recessionista
Prosperous On Purpose